Are you someone who lives in a climate where you’re always swimming? Maybe you’re someone who vacations often. Regardless, bikini trimmers are typically the “go-to” for female hair removal. We understand that any unwanted bits of hair can make someone self-conscious, and it’s imperative you find a device that works for you. No matter what hairline you desire, or none at all, we’ll show you some of the best bikini trimmers on the market. It’s worth noting that a bikini trimmer poses fewer risks (if any at all) in comparison with other removal methods for hair in the bikini region. Let’s take a look at benefits, factors, and tips for you to know before buying the best bikini trimmer.
The Benefits of Buying a Bikini Trimmer
There are numerous benefits of buying a bikini trimmer. Some of them include the following:
- Convenience – There’s nothing more convenient than being able to trim exactly here you need to with ease. Unlike waxing and other hair removal methods, you won’t have to worry about any sort of pain as you use a bikini trimmer. Beyond this, the best bikini trimmers tend to be more compact, allowing you to bring anywhere you need to. Going on vacation and don’t want to pack a ton? The best bikini trimmer will serve you well.
- Ease of use – When it comes to shaving, women have gone through hell and back to try and get the right angle or the right device to shave with; however, what they haven’t tried is the best bikini trimmer that poses ease of use with convenience. A bikini trimmer only requires a switch to be flipped in order to start working. When you’re done, you just need to flip the switch off.
- Pricing models – As with any product, there are really cheap and not-so-great models, and there are ones that are more expensive, but get the job done; however, the ones that are more expensive are typically within the potential user’s budget. With that being said, one of the advantages of a bikini trimmer is that they are much cheaper overall than other methods of hair removal. Of course, we recommend that you try multiple devices in order to find the perfect one that works for you, but if not, look for features that will assist you the most.
What You Need To Know Before Purchasing a Bikini Trimmer
Are you someone that has sensitive skin? If so, you may want to take this first factor into consideration: the structural design of the unit and the blades. If the bikini trimmer isn’t designed for someone with sensitive skin, you may want to skip town on this uncomfortable experience. We highly suggest that you find a bikini trimmer that will give you the most comfortable shave – no post-shave irritation, nothing. Make sure to find one that’s specifically made for sensitive skin in order to get your money’s worth.
Another factor you should consider is the size – are you someone that travels often, as we asked before? If so, the more compact, the better for you. Beyond this, we hope that you remember you’ll need a traveling case, so storage accessories are fantastic to look for as a bulk package.
Other things you need to consider
The blades – Looking for the most perfect bikini trimmer starts at the blades. Without, you could cause yourself irritation and a bad shave. Blades should be designed to give the user a smooth shave without nagging or pulling any of the hairs. They should also be sharp enough to make sure that you don’t have to go over the same area an abundance of times. You should always look for waterproof blades first, so they’re less likely to see rust developing on them.
The head of the trimmer – The head of the trimmer is another factor you should consider, as one with multiple heads will ultimately give you a better shave. Those that can pivot will give the user an experience that’s more flexible, and reduces the risks of being cut or nicked as they shave. Those that haven’t found one with multiple heads should seek out a bikini trimmer that has an angled head, to ensure a bit more flexibility than your average non-multi-head, non-angled trimmer.
The overall design – It goes without saying that another factor you should consider is the overall design of the trimmer. In short, the trimmer must be great for traveling and must be great for flexibility in trimming the bikini area. Beyond this, finding colors that you love will encourage you to use the device more. Always choose a design that favors your trimming experience versus one that’s solely aesthetically pleasing.
The power behind the trimmer – Last on our list of factors you should consider is the overall power of the device. When you have something that doesn’t get a great deal of power, (the electric kind), you’ll want to ditch, as it won’t give you the best shave you need. Of course, another factor to consider is whether or not the battery is powered via recharging or through actual batteries. If you want something that lasts longer, try the rechargeable lithium batteries, as you won’t have to spend money on expensive batteries over and over again.
Tips for Choosing the Best Bikini Trimmer for Your Needs
We’ve thrown a ton of information at you already, and we’d like to think we’re knowledgeable at showing you ladies how to look for the best bikini trimmer. We’ll talk about a tip or two before getting into the meat and potatoes of this article – the review for the best bikini trimmer on the market. Some quick tips include the following:
- Make sure you note if you have sensitive skin or not – this will ultimately help you decide what type of trimmer you’ll be purchasing.
- Do you want to shell out money to buy batteries every time or are you fine with a rechargeable unit? Make sure to think of this in terms of convenience when you purchase.
- How often will you be using this device? When asking yourself this, correlate this question to the budget in mind. You don’t want to spend hundreds on a top of the line designer bikini trimmer, only to use it once in a blue moon.
The Best Bikini Trimmers 2018
Panasonic ES2207P Ladies Electric Shaver
First on our list is a product from Panasonic that’s put far above the rest because of price, and the included specifications. Equipped from the start with an abundance of features, this cordless trimmer features a rechargeable battery, along with a pop-up trimmer, and boasts 3 blades. Beyond this, there’s a durable motor for a quick and efficient experience, putting your needs and comfortability first. There’s nothing worse than a product that has a dull motor, which may leave the end result to be uncomfortable and not so pretty. The ergonomic profile of this handheld bikini trimmer is sleek while being aesthetically pleasing in terms of color options. Providing maximum shave and control, let’s talk about the advantages of this unit.
- Features a pop-up trimmer for safety and ease of use purposes
- Has a rechargeable battery – you don’t have to worry about buying new batteries all the time.
- Three floating head system that are independent – allowing a clean shave.
- Can be used wet or dry with ease – later when you’re relaxing in the bath or have a quick dry shave before you head off to the beach!
- If you don’t like the colors, you may be out of luck as this particular model is only available in pink and white.
- Longevity is okay with the right care, but if you throw around and use during poor charges, you may find yourself out of luck.
- Charger is only good with vertical outlets, but still usable.
Panasonic ES246AC Bikini Shaper
Next on our list is another Panasonic design that boasts quite a few features for an even cheaper price. Being sleek and straightforward, this unit features adjustable trim settings, is battery operated, and is hypo-allergenic for those that have sensitive skin. There’s also an angled trimmer head for safety in how you shave, as well as being waterproof to ensure a better shave for those with sensitive skin and those who want to shave in the shower. There are some advantages and disadvantages, though, and some include the following:
- Lightweight, portable, and powered by 2 AA batteries – meaning you can bring it anywhere and not have to worry about the power outlet! (Great for going on an international vacation!)
- Great for those with sensitive skin, as the hypoallergenic blades are efficient and do what they promise
- This package includes a cleaning brush accessory
- Unfortunately, while an advantage, this is also a disadvantage – the unit must be powered by AA batteries or else it won’t run. For those that want efficiency and to save money on the charge, you’ll want to look elsewhere.
- There are no independent heads, but this unit does come angled for ease of use and flexibility.
Philips Bikini Genie BRT383 Cordless Women’s Trimmer
We love the Philips Bikini Genie, as it provides a sleek way for us to get the bikini line we’ve always wanted. If you’re someone who doesn’t mind bringing some AA batteries and this trimmer with you on vacation, then this inexpensive device may work out well for you. You may also use this unit wet or dry, and don’t have to worry about taking a full shower or bath to get that trim you’ve always desired.
- This unit comes with a shaving comb and head for optimal ease of use – we love accessories!
- Great for those with sensitive skin, as the shape ensures comfortability and a reduction in nicks, cuts, or irritations
- The click-on trimming combs come in multiple sizes (0.5mm, 3mm, or 5mm).
- While this product is perfect in every other way, you’ll need to purchase AA batteries for continuous usage throughout the lifespan of this device. There are no charging cords, thankfully, as it’s better to bring on vacation in this sense.
- Another disadvantage is that there are no independent heads; however, the unit does provide an angle for comfortability.
Elevo 2 in 1 Bikini Trimmer
Next on our list is something a little higher than the rest in terms of price, but it does boast quite a few features you may just indulge in. Great for the body or the face, this unit comes ready with two interchangeable trim heads, one for bikini trimming, and one for normal shaving. The bikini head helps with longer hair, while the shave is better for finer hair on the body.
- If you’re someone with sensitive skin, this device will be fantastic for you, as the stainless-steel blades are hypoallergenic, and promise a smooth shave.
- There’s also a length guide included for a better trim with minimal irritation.
- This unit is also waterproof, which is fantastic for those that want to go in the shower and shave!
- Unfortunately, this unit isn’t rechargeable, and you must continue to use AA batteries for using; however, you receive your first set of AA batteries for usage within the package.
Norelco Woman’s Bikini Trimmer
Next on our list is another Norelco product, except this one has many more accessories than others! While a bit higher in price than others, there are reasons why! Featuring 2 click-on combs for various shaving lengths desired, you’re able to use these wet or dry. Beyond this, there are also bikini trimming heads that come in 0.5mm, as well as a mini shaving head.
No products found.
No products found.
- There is an abundance of accessories included, as well as a storage bag for traveling.
- There’s also a cleaning brush included, as well as free AA batteries to get you started.
- Another advantage of this product is that this unit is great for both wet and dry shaving!
- As you can see, one of the primary disadvantages is that this isn’t a rechargeable unit, and requires two AA batteries. Thankfully, it comes with one set to get you started.
Philips Perfect Bikini Trimmer
Next up is a rechargeable unit that boasts quite a few features. While not as inexpensive as some other models that we’ve mentioned, there are reasons why! One of them being the rechargeable factor. Beyond this, the Philips Perfect Bikini trimmer allows you to use it both wet and dry for ease of cordless use. There are also 3 super precision pieces that come with this, so you don’t have to worry about an ugly bikini trim line.
- There are quite a few including the fact that you don’t have to go out and buy AA batteries constantly to use this. For every charge, you get 60-minutes straight of creativity that comes cordless
- You don’t have to worry about maintenance, either – no oil, no muss, nothing.
- There is a bonus travel bag included for those that want traveling to come easy.
- There aren’t too many disadvantages, but if you want to spend a lower amount, you’ll want to go with something non-rechargeable.
Miserwe Women’s Electric Razor
Last on our list is a great little unit from Miserwe. Great for all areas of the body, including sideburns, this unit boasts many quality features. Some of these features include an epilation head that’s gentle and great for sensitive skin. Use it on the area of lips, sideburns, legs, and more! This unit comes with a cap and is quite portable for those who want to travel with ease.
No products found.
No products found.
- This unit is waterproof, and rinses clean quickly
- Equipped with a 1-year warranty
- Great for those with sensitive skin, as the epilation head promotes a gentle shave
- Unfortunately, this unit requires 2 AA batteries, rather than rechargeable, but it does come with some to get you started!
The Final Verdict
Now that you’ve seen what we believe are the best on the market, as well as an abundance of information to help you make this decision, it’s only fair that we give you a recommendation to help steer you in the right direction. The Panasonic ES2207P Ladies Electric Shaver is a 3-blade cordless women’s electric razor with a pop-up trimmer. Inexpensive in price and ready to trim those problematic areas, you won’t have to worry about purchasing a new one anytime soon, and can reap the benefits of an included battery – no need to go out and buy new ones every time the battery charge drains!