We’re no strangers to trimming facial hair, hair on our faces, or hair on our chest, but what we aren’t so well-versed in is nose hair trimming, and what’s the best nose hair trimmer to try out. Since the nose is a delicate part on your body, a tool that snags hair in your nose can be troublesome and painful. In this article, we’ll go over the benefits of buying a nose hair trimmer, factors you should consider before purchasing a nose hair trimmer, as well as tips for choosing the best one for your needs.
- What makes a great nose hair trimmer
- The Best Nose Hair Trimmers of 2018
- Why you should buy the best nose hair trimmer
- Factors You Should Consider Before Buying a Nose Hair Trimmer
What makes a great nose hair trimmer
If it’s your first time trimming your nose hair, you shouldn’t walk in blindly and shove a nose hair trimmer up there. You may find yourself wincing in pain. Research ways to trim the nasal cavities specifically. Some of the tips may encourage you to “pinch” your nose, and pull those openings to the left or to the right to efficiently reach every crevice.
The best nose hair trimmer will encompass the following features:
Great trimming ability
when you look for a nose hair trimmer, you should never overlook the trimming ability, as without, you won’t have that great of a device. A great device will have the ability to cut excess hairs with ease, without harming the skin around or causing irritation. While some of them may be cheap, you shouldn’t skimp out on this aspect as it may do more harm than good. Never base your purchase on the retail value alone, as you may find that you’re not getting the quality you need.
Speaking of quality, quality is the second most pivotal (in a tie with trimming ability) for what you should look for. Depending on the manufacturer, quality will vary greatly. Durability, reliability, and ease of use are all features that boast a high-quality product. Without these features, you won’t be getting a very good trim.
Whether you’re a first timer or someone that’s a professional, safety is key. When you’re not buying a product based on safety features, and you’re going for an inexpensive price, you may find you’re putting yourself at a risk. There are various guard safety features to ensure that you don’t cut or nick yourself, as well as anti-irritation features to ensure a better post-shave. There are various safety features like blade protectors, guards, and more to assist in presenting a safe product.
Price is another huge factor that people look at when buying, but don’t realize that a high price doesn’t always mean a great product, and a lower priced product doesn’t necessarily mean low quality. Always be sure to look for reviews (non-biased) on multiple platforms, as well as who else is selling the product to ensure you’re buying a decent nose hair trimmer for the best price possible.
Now, let’s look at some of the best nose hair trimmers on the market.
The Best Nose Hair Trimmers of 2018
Manufactured by Toiletree, this product is not only water resistant for those who want to shave post-shower or even trim in the shower, but you’ll also be able to reap a number of benefits. Some of these benefits including a lifetime replacement warranty, a stainless-steel design that’s durable, and even a great and compact overall design that makes the unit great for traveling. At the price it’s been posted it, you can’t help but want to try this little unit. Let’s take a look at some of the advantages and disadvantages of this unit.
- Lifetime replacement warranty – something you can’t resist; especially at the price point!
- LED light for navigating to those hard to reach areas.
- Clean smooth cut thanks to the stainless-steel blades that are smooth and high-quality
- If you insert battery wrong, you’ll probably need a new unit; thankfully, the unit can be replaced with ease and the customer service from Toiletree is exceptional
Next on our list is a unit from Panasonic that’s meant for both the ears and nose. Those pesky and tight canals with hairs that can become infected are able to be cured by this small device. Great for wet and dry usage, and is battery operated, this vacuum cleaning system won’t leave you with a mess afterwards. The curved and hypoallergenic unit is great for those who want a safe and clean cut without nicking or irritating the skin. Featuring a micro vacuum to ensure a clean experience, as well as being fantastic for eyebrows and beards with dual-blade technology, there’s no way you can say no to this unit for the price. Let’s take a gander at some of the advantages and disadvantages.
- Micro-vacuum unit installed to pick up after your nose hair or ear hair droppings; a cleaner experience.
- Fully waterproof unit makes this great for men to use in the shower or out of the shower without water.
- Dual edge blades inserted for optimal use against beards, eyebrows, nose hair, and more.
- Depending on your nose, it can be uncomfortable, but that’s a personal issue that doesn’t change depending on the device
Next on our list is yet another ear and nose hair trimmer that’s great for both areas. Manufactured by Panasonic, this unit is comfortably, and comes in a two-pack if needed. Not only is this device compact and comfortable to grip, but it’s also lightweight and features a great clipper design. Featuring hypoallergenic blades, those that have sensitive skin won’t have to worry about irritation as they finish up their shave.
- Can detail eyebrows, beards, facial hair like sideburns and mustaches
- Powerful and includes a protective cap for the nose trimmer
- Cleaning burhs included for optimal and quick maintenance
- Hypoallergenic blades for those that don’t want post-shave irritation, or those that have sensitive skin
- The only disadvantage of this unit is that it does require AA batteries, which isn’t included, instead of a rechargeable. The good news is that AA batteries are better for those who don’t want to lose charge with a lithium over time.
If you’re a businessman who travels often and want’s something sleek and high-quality, then you may want to look towards the Suprenant best-selling ear and nose hair trimmer. Boasting a ton of features like 420 stainless-steel blades that rotate, you’ll be able to look your best while you travel and run on little-to-no sleep. There’s a silent motor that features 6500 revolutions per minute and has two pieces for styling. Another great feature of this unit is that you can use it wet or dry, and you can take this in the shower with ease.
- There’s a trimmer for the nose and ear hair, as well as a detail trimmer for those smaller areas
- Great for sideburns, eyebrows, ears, and nose
- Sharp blades on the silent motor ensure an elimination of hurting the nasal cavity
- Sometimes the unit can be a little too strong
- Trimming pieces could be made a little better, but work decently as is
Next on our list is Philip Norelco product. A nose trimmer with 3 pieces for ears, nose, and eyebrows, you don’t have to miss anything on your hairy checklist. For such an inexpensive price, probably the cheapest on this list, there are quite a few promising features that this nose hair trimmer offers. From having 3-pieces for all three areas: eyebrows, nose, and ears, you won’t have to put the same piece in all three areas. Beyond this, there’s an eyebrow guard for great trims, and the unit is entirely washable.
- There’s an eyebrow guide included for those that want quick trims that are exceptionally even
- Washable for the perfect clean, easy maintenance
- No pulling or nicking with this device
- Advanced trimming system
- This unit requires AA batteries, but your first battery is included – you don’t have to go out and buy one unlike other units on the market.
Another Philip Norelco nose trimmer unit on this list, this one is equally as great, but has a few more accessories to include. With 6 additional pieces, you’ll be able to take care of your eyebrows, nose, and ears with ease – and without nicking or pulling of the hair! This is due to the trimming system that’s dubbed as “advanced”. This device is fully washable, and has interchangeable elements for skin-friendly precision, as well as a dedicated nose accessory for optimal care and a great trim. There are eyebrow guards for those who like to get up close and personal with those pesky little eyebrow hairs and create a clean finished product. There is also a lithium AA battery included for the most power, and so you don’t have to go out and buy a battery after buying. Beyond this, the comfortable and sleek design is great for most nasal cavities and hand sizes.
- Entirely washable for easy maintenance
- Eyebrow guards included for those that want precision trims – and quickly
- No pulling or nicking thanks to the design of the blades
- Doesn’t use a rechargeable battery, but they get you started and include one with it the device.
Last on our list is a nice little unit that gets the job done. Manufactured by Fortas, this hair and nose trimmer is capable of providing a sleek and seamless experience. A great design for any type of man or bathroom, this inexpensive device features a lifetime replacement warranty, self-sharpening stainless-steel blades for precision trimming with little to no irritation afterwards. If you want something that’ll trim you quick and efficiently, you’ll want to look towards the Fortas nose and hair trimmer.
- Self-sharpening blades
- Sleek and modern design – great for the average businessman who wants to match his aura
- Buy with confidence thanks to the lifetime replacement warranty
- Comfortable to hold and to use
- Standard trimmer design amplified by Fortas
- Perfectly sized for most nostrils
- Depending on how long your nose hairs are, you may feel a slight pull
- You have to be gentle with the cap on top or else it may snap and break
- Doesn’t specify whether or not this is a water-resistant unit.
My favorite pick
At the end of the day, you don’t have to overspend if you don’t want to, and the features you get are entirely up to you to decide if you want to buy. If you’re still unsure of which model to buy and aren’t concerned too much about the price being too low, you’ll want to check out the professional water resistant nose trimmer from Toiltree Products. As you’ve learned, this is a nifty little device with a lifetime replacement guarantee and an LED light for efficient trimming in any environment.
Why you should buy the best nose hair trimmer
I think it’s safe to say that one of the primary benefits of buying a nose hair trimmer is to trim out that pesky nose hair that makes us self-conscious. We aren’t the only ones with this issue, but it can be bothersome for someone to only look at your nose when they’re speaking to you or walking by. Another one-off benefit of using a nose hair trimmer is so that those people speaking to you can focus on what you’re saying, rather than what’s laying around your face and nose area.
As for health reasons, if you tend to get nasal infections quite a bit, or have notoriously runny noses, then you should invest in trimming the area to help keep it clean and ensure that you can breathe with ease. When you purchase an electric nose hair trimmer, you can reduce the risk of nicking and cutting yourself, as many of these come with protection blades that ensure a reduction in accidental problems that occur during trimming. Getting a wound inside your nose is no walk in the park, as it’s not only a sensitive area to try and heal, but it’s also a hard place to take care of since it’s enclosed.
Since the area is small and enclosed, there are some trimmers with lights on them to assist in creating the best nose hair trimming experience. We’ll go further in depth with this soon, though in another section that highlights potential features you should watch out for.
Lastly, another advantage of using a nose hair trimmer over non-conventional shaving methods is safety. When you try and use a razor that doesn’t fit up there, or something else sharp, you run the risk of cutting yourself, which can easily lead to an infection in this area. Beyond this, you may feel discomfort in using a tool that’s not meant for that area. Instead, be safe and comfortable by making use of an ergonomic nose hair trimmer.
Factors You Should Consider Before Buying a Nose Hair Trimmer
Are you someone that needs to trim your nose hair often? Believe it or not, some people actually have problems in these areas due to their hormone level of the sex steroid. Because of this, they have more hair growing than most people; however, some people do not want any type of hair at all up there, regardless of how much is there, and will try to use smaller nose and ear hair trimmers to ride their nasal cavities of this.
First things first: do you want something that runs on a rechargeable battery, or something that runs on AA batteries? Depending on the climate you live in, as well as how often you use it, you may want to opt for one or the other. If you rarely use a nose hair trimmer, and you don’t live somewhere too cold, you may want to invest in a unit that uses AA batteries. In cooler climates, the AA batteries are drained of their charge, and you won’t to ruin a rechargeable battery by not using it often enough.
Secondly, you’ll want to note whether or not you’re going to be using this for both ear and nose hair, or for one or the other. If you’re using for both, you’ll want to invest in a good cleaner so that bacteria isn’t spread. Beyond this, if you’re only going to use it for one, you’ll want to invest in another unit for the other part you’re trimming.