When it comes to styling gels, the plain truth is that they aren’t as strong or long lasting as other hair products. That being said, American Crew’s Firm Hold Styling Gel is one of the most well-rounded products of its type on the market. Offering a healthy, firm, natural hold that won’t flake even if you apply too much, you really can’t go wrong with this styling gel.
The first thing that surprised me about this styling gel when I first used it was its effectiveness. It has a much stronger hold than I would have guessed, one comparable to a clay or a creme. It felt nice not having something so cumbersome on my head for once. That being said, I did have to reapply it once or twice a day but seeing as it can be used on wet or dry hair, this wasn’t a serious inconvenience.
- Firm Hold: American Crew’s Firm Hold Styling Gel is an effective alternative to clays, pomades, and cremes. In relation to these products, it offers a strong and durable hold. If you want something lighter in your hair, this is the product for you.
- Non Flaking: Unlike some other competing hair gels, American Crew’s Firm Hold Styling Gel is guaranteed not to flake. This also makes application easier as you won’t be brushing flakes off your shoulders if you apply a little too much,
- Can be Used on Wet or Dry Hair: Unlike pomades, clays, and cremes, which ought to be used on slightly damp hair, American Crew’s firm Hold Styling Gel can be applied to wet or dry hair; very practical for any time of day!
- Helps to with Hair Health: Enriched with natural extracts to make hair seem thicker and more voluminous. And as its shine and alcohol-free, your hair will thank you in the long run.
- Hold Won’t Last All Day: The downside of using styling gel as opposed to pomade’s, cremes, and clays is that it simply can’t last as long. Reapplication may be necessary partway through the day, but seeing as it can be applied wet or dry, this isn’t as negative an attribute as one might think.
- Not for Every Hair Type: Styling Gel simply isn’t as practical as clays and pomades when it comes to shorter hair, and aren’t strong enough for thicker hair types.
- Firm hold, styling, gel
- Provides extra firm holding power for use on wet or dry hair Enriched with natural extracts to help hair look thicker...
- Alcohol free provides extra firm holding power for use on wet or dry hair
- Provides extra firm holding power for use on wet or dry hair
- Enriched with natural extracts to help hair look thicker with more body and shine
American Crew’s Firm Hold Styling Gel Review – Final Verdict
As far as style gels go, American Crew’s Firm Hold Styling Gel is one of the most versatile out there. If you want something that won’t endanger the health of your hair, or if you’re just looking for something lighter than pomade, clay, or creme, this American Crew’s Styling Gel is a solid choice.