This all-natural American Crew product is a pomade with medium hold and high shine that works great for a slick back look. If you’re going for sheen, you can’t go wrong with this in your hair. Unlike most products out there, this American Crew Pomade won’t leave your hair with an unnatural chemical smell and won’t cause artificial damage in the long run.
The first thing I noticed when trying American Crew Pomade out on my own hair is that it’s very difficult to over or under-use it. Its medium hold makes the application process very easy because the exact quantity you use isn’t as life-or-death as products with stronger hold. On the other hand, you won’t be wasting a ton of it because you think it is not working like some products with lighter holds.
One thing I noticed quite quickly is that American Crew Pomade is perfect for the classic slick-back look. With its high sheen and firm hold, combing this pomade back into your hair will guarantee a classic 1950’s look that will go great with a leather jacket.
What I like:
- Natural, no synthetic additives: Natural ingredients are key to making a great hair styling product, as prolonged use of dangerous chemicals can have adverse effects on the health of your hair. Luckily American Crew’s Grooming Creme has no synthetic additives.
- Works great for straight hair: Bucking the trend in the market these days to appeal to all hair types, American Crew’s Grooming Creme caters to straight-haired people looking for a style tool. Alternatively, if you have thicker hair, you can use this product to soften your curls.
- Shine without the wet look: Although this is a high-shine product, American Crew’s Grooming Creme avoids the “wet look” that similar products cause. This is because it has moisture repellent properties.
- Great for many styles: With a medium hold and a high shine that leaves your hair dry, this is one of the most versatile products on the market when it comes to styling straight hair.
What I don’t like:
- Versatile, but not subtle: While it may work for a variety of hair styles, American Crew’s Grooming Creme isn’t the ideal choice if you’re looking for a natural look devoid of any artificial lustre. Its shine isn’t obnoxious, but it’s not indiscernible either.
- Not for every hair type: While it may work to reduce or soften curls, American Crew Grooming Creme won’t provide the same level of hold to curly or thick hair that some other products will. So if you’re looking to comb your curls back, this might not be the product for you.
- Pomade for Hold & Shine by American Crew for Men - 3.0 oz Pomade
- Pomade for Hold & Shine by American Crew for Men
- Great for slicking hair back
American Crew Pomade Review – Final Verdict
The bottom line with American Crew Pomade is that it’s perfect for one style, which is the slick, shiny, classic, combed back look of the 1950’s. Otherwise, it’s medium hold makes it very easy to use and its all-natural ingredients won’t damage your hair, and will give it a non-chemical scent. And while it may not work for every hairstyle, it will be effective most hair types.